The Alamo EDC always goes above and beyond to cultivate a climate of economic growth through various incentives and commercial-friendly events. On Wednesday, November 20th, we will be hosting the Small Business Grant Workshop to help local business owners and entrepreneurs learn how their commercial venture can qualify for a grant!
The workshop is FREE and will be held at 715 E. Business 83 from 12:00 PM until 1:00 PM. Everyone is invited and we’ll be providing lunch, too! We will also cover grants available from state and federal funds and charitable organizations.
What is an Alamo EDC Grant?
The Alamo EDC’s Small Business Grants are funds that help with minor expenses like repairs or equipment upgrades. A grant can reimburse small businesses for up to $2,500 for projects or upgrades. To qualify, a company must:
- Be located in Alamo.
- Have been in business for a minimum of two years.
Also, the business must be on a yearly lease and not on a month-to-month lease if located on commercial property.
Which Documents Are Needed to Qualify?
The following must be done/completed:
- An Alamo EDC Small Business Grant Program application. These will be available at the workshop.
- A description of your business and what the grant will be used for.
- Proving that your business has been in operation for at least two years. Tax returns or state sales tax receipts may be requested.
- Lease agreements and approval from a landlord for lease improvements.
- A minimum of two bids from third-party vendors or contractors of the work being done.
Let’s Get Started!
Helping the city grow is our main goal. Your small business could capitalize by attending our workshop, so mark your calendar and we’ll see you there! If you’d like to learn more, contact us online or call (956) 787-6622.