Alamo is an emerging city in South Texas that entices thousands each year. Whether it’s because of the year-round beautiful weather, local food, numerous festivals or the Santa Ana Wildlife Refuge, Alamo has something for everyone to enjoy. As a business owner, you can take full advantage of the population bursts the city experiences.
Throughout the year, Alamo hosts a number of festivals for the community. They allow visitors and residents to get insight on what diversifies this city from the rest of South Texas. These festivals also allow local businesses to get in touch with local consumers! Some of the city’s festivals include:
- Watermelon Festival
- Alamo’s Annual Fall Festival
- Alamo Texas Independence Day
- Winter Texan Appreciation Day
- Alamo Chamber of Commerce Annual Banquet
- Christmas in Central Park
In the city’s backyard is a wondrous natural adventure waiting to be traveled. The Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge attracts thousands of nature and birding enthusiasts each year. With the Rio Grande Valley’s beautiful weather, you can find nature lovers almost all year-round enjoying everything that the refuge offers.
Santa Ana’s visitors exceed 165,000 annually with 99,000 alone attending for birdwatching. Visitors can also enjoy a wide range of events during the year, from photography workshops, kayaking, stargazing, Family Fun Days, Winter Texan Appreciation Day, private tours and more!
If you have a certain food craving, Alamo is sure to deliver. Here are just a few popular eateries:
- The Original Willie’s Bar-B-Q – This restaurant has been booming for over 20 years, garnering attention with Texas Monthly, which named it as one of the best barbeque restaurants in the state!
- Tower Burger – You’ve never had a burger quite as tasty as any served at Tower Burger. It’s quickly become a South Texas favorite, enticing Winter Texans and visitors from different parts of the state.
- Coffee Time – You can taste the difference in Coffee Time‘s brews and specialty sandwiches or salads. As a popular hangout for people of all ages, this shop will quickly become your favorite after one visit!
- Pachanga – Sabor a Mexico – This authentic Mexican restaurant has become popular with residents and visitors alike. With tortas, gorditas, tacos and so much more, you can find all of your favorite dishes here!
- Willie’s Sweets – Your favorite sweets just got sweeter. If you have a sweet tooth, you are going to love Willie’s Sweets. With funnel cakes galore, ice cream desserts, turkey legs and so much more, you have to come back each time for something different!
- El Dorado Restaurant – El Dorado has been a longtime favorite. Serving up Mexican dishes like enchiladas, chiles rellenos and other authentic dishes, you’ll love their food!
- El Manjar Bakery – If sweet bread is your calling, then El Manjar Bakery is your place to be. Customers have given this bakery rave reviews. After trying it yourself, you’ll know why.
Minutes Away from McAllen
Alamo has many attractions that cater to a wide range of audiences. From festivals, eateries and nature adventures, Alamo strives to keep community interaction strong while increasing business growth. If your business is looking for a city where community involvement thrives and visitors are always welcome, contact us at 956.787.6622!